Traditional cameras and film often captured halation, which is a glowing colored haze that appears around highlights. Our plugin includes authentic halation glow effects plus RGB color sliders for precise adjustment to match the look, mood, and feel you’re trying to achieve.
The first step toward a vintage film look is authentic grain. Our film emulation plugin provides three presets (normal, fine, and plus), a color/monochrome toggle, and adjustment sliders for strength, size, opacity, and softness. Basically, you get total grain control in a single plugin.
For an effective film look, the final balance of the image is critical. Once your grain and halation values are set, you can achieve your final look using the complete suite of value and color adjustments available right in the plugin menu. It’s that simple.
You could spend hours trying to recreate this effect in Photoshop, or you could just leave it to us – it’s what we do. Let us take care of all the technical stuff so you can focus your energy where it belongs: artistic expression.
The base version of this plugin is available now, but we have big plans for future upgrades. And more features mean a higher price. But if you buy now, you get all future upgrades for free! It’s our way of saying thanks for trusting us.
+Cine Film Emulation Plugin.ccx
***Please note that the +Cine Film Emulation plugin is not compatible with the Photoshop mobile version.
April 4 2023 - v1.2.1
- Grain effect now applies to the topmost layer: Regardless of which layer is selected, the grain effect will now be applied to the topmost layer.
April 1 2023 - v1.2
- Real-time preview: Users no longer need to press the update button each time they change a value. The effect will now update in real-time as adjustments are made.
- Manual has been updated to reflect these changes and new features.
March 1, 2023 - v1.1
- Added presets for halation effects in different colors, including "Classic Red," "Golden Aura," "Halo," and "Azure Glow."
- Added opacity adjustment to allow users to control the strength of the halation effect.
Feb 15, 2023 - v1.01
- Revised the installation and usage instructions, based on feedback and recommendations from users.
January 15, 2023 - v1.0
- Users can now apply the halation effect directly to any selected layer, without the need for a locked background layer as in the previous version.